Re: RedHat 7.0 - unbootable

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: RedHat 7.0 - unbootable
From: Seth Mos <knuffie@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 11:46:53 +0200
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
At 11:15 AM 9/28/2000 -0500, you wrote:
> At 09:53 AM 9/28/2000 -0500, you wrote:
> >Steve Lord wrote:
Hmm, I am not sure what the kernel had to do with login problems - I take it
a redhat supplied kernel does not give you this grief.

It appears proc is not being mounted

this is the command in /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit
action "Mounting proc filesystem: " mount -n -t proc /proc /proc
This is the same on a redhat 6.1 box

After that it goes into a downwards spiral because there is no proc and the init can't write it's parameters in there. Is this something which was on the buglist for test5? It would make a great candidate.

I recompiled the kernel with kgcc (gcc 2.91.66 indeed) and it compiles everything without problems. This is indeed a oneline fix.
Still no difference in boot behaviour.

And oh, because of this /proc maddness you can't boot single user....
bummer.

Bye

--
Seth