ADD 802340 - kernel panic

To: nb@xxxxxxx
Subject: ADD 802340 - kernel panic
From: pv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (lord@xxxxxxx)
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 08:21:25 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Webexec: webpvupdate,pvincident
Webpv: jen.americas.sgi.com
View Incident:

 Assigned Engineer : nb                Submitter : coreym
*Modified User : lord                 *Modified User Domain : sgi.com
*Description :
I was running rwtest (doio and iogen) to stress xfs on tarpon
and tarpon paniced. I have no way of knowing if it was related
to my test or not.

The panic string that I received was:
Message from syslogd@tarpon at Fri Sep 15 11:49:03 2000 ...
tarpon kernel: Kernel panic: kmem_alloc: NULL memory on KM_SLEEP request!

From: lord@xxxxxxx (BugWorks)
Date: Sep 20 2000 08:21:24AM

Any chance of filling in a few blanks such as the amount of
memory in the system, where the kernel came from - did you
build it, or was it a propack install? If you built it, what
options did you use. Also, what mount options were used on the

And finally is the iogen/doio command line findable, or was
it part of a larger test mix?