Re: xfs as root fs

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: xfs as root fs
From: Thomas Graichen <news-innominate.list.sgi.xfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 13 Sep 2000 22:05:16 GMT
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Thomas Graichen <news-innominate.list.sgi.xfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ken McDonell <kenmcd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Thomas, if you still have the source tree that was used to make this
>> kernel, can you please let me know which version of
>> cmd/xfs/repair/phase2.c you have?

>> The symptoms sound exactly like the problem Steve's take was aiming
>> to fix, namely

>>      - repair (introduces error)
>>      - mount
>>      - umount
>>      - mount (2nd mount sees error)

>> His fix was rev 1.30 of cmd/xfs/repair/phase2.c checked into the
>> internal RCS tree at 11:42am PDT on Fri 9/8 ... it would not have
>> appeared in the CVS tree until sometime later.

> it's 1.29 - so this should be the reason - somehow the update must
> have missed it ... will update again and come back if the error
> is still there (what i don't expect)

ok - that it was - error is gone now after an update ... also: steve
since the two times sync i did not see the xfs_repair problems with
xfs as a root fs anymore ...

thomas.graichen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
technical director                                       innominate AG
clustering & security                                networking people
tel: +49.30.308806-13  fax: -77                   http://innominate.de