Re: xfs as root fs

To: Thomas Graichen <graichen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, thomas.graichen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: xfs as root fs
From: Steve Lord <lord@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 08:48:20 -0500
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Steve Lord <lord@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> this is what i get for the failed mount retrys:
>
>   Start mounting filesystem: ide0(3,5)
>   XFS: xlog_find_verify_log_record: need to back-up
>   XFS: failed to find log head
>   XFS: log mount/recovery failed
>
>   XFS: log mount failed
>
> as said - it works perfectly again after an xfs_repair which does
> not show any error

If you get a filesystem into this state, can you run xfs_logprint on it
and send me the output. Just give logprint the block device name and
no other argument, it should dump out the log contents in a fairly raw
form. This problem was caused by the zeroing code missing a block of the log.

I could not replicate the problem here, but it may be with your partition
setup the fix was too simplistic.

Steve