Re: QA 013 and kio/kiocluster.

To: Chaitanya Tumuluri <chait@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: QA 013 and kio/kiocluster.
From: Daniel Moore <dxm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 09:16:52 +1100
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Chaitanya Tumuluri writes:
 => Daniel,
 =>
 => Is there anything special done to the stress scripts when they mount
 => and/or remount the TEST_DEV/TEST_DIR to use kio/kiocluster?

The intent of the QA was that TEST_DIR wouldn't be mounted or unmounted
by the tests, but it is. Mounting of SCRATCH_DEV is at the whim of the
tests. Since there's no way of specifying mount options to QA (yet), it
will remount the device back to the default options from time to time
(eg when checking the FS).

That's probably one to fix now that people are trying to test non-default
mounts. For the moment, I'd modify linux/xfs_mount_opt.c in your
work area so that your kernel defaults to the settings you'd like to use
in the QA tests.

I'll try to fix this and try out your other test hopefully later
today.

 Daniel Moore                  dxm@xxxxxxx
 R&D Software Engineer         Phone: +61-3-98348209
 SGI Performance Tools Group   Fax:   +61-3-98132378