Re: xfs as root fs

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: xfs as root fs
From: Thomas Graichen <news-innominate.list.sgi.xfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 8 Sep 2000 18:18:20 GMT
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Russell Cattelan <cattelan@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > OK, this is a red herring, these were files from the lost+found on the root
>> > filesystem, so xfs_repair removed its lost+found to start with, so it was
>> > not finding anything wrong really.
>>
>> > This basically says that after cloning a root the lost+found directory in
>> > the xfs filesystem needs to be cleaned.
>>
>> hmmm in my cases the files were real (just on several real machines
>> i get it after some time of use) - i also usually do an
>>
>>   xfs_repair
>>   mount
>>   rm -rf lost+found
>>   xfs_repair <- is fine now
>>   umount
>>   reboot
>>
>> so - it is not the lost+found dir in my case ...
>>

> Drat, I thought  had cleaned this up.

> This seems to happen when the last call to sync doesn't fully complete,
> or more file system activity comes in after the call to sync.
> This gets back to the problem of there  not really being a  way to check for
> activity in the file systen.

> Do you have a specific circumstance that causes the failure or is it
> rather random?

due to my experience i had it nearly everytime when i checked ...
i may reboot and check this machine in a few minutes and see and
maybe send you the xfs_repair output ... so a few minutes from
now ...

thomas.graichen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
technical director                                       innominate AG
clustering & security                                networking people
tel: +49.30.308806-13  fax: -77                   http://innominate.de