UPDATE 800480 - xlog_grant_log_space can wait indefinitely

To: lord@xxxxxxx
Subject: UPDATE 800480 - xlog_grant_log_space can wait indefinitely
From: pv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (ananth@xxxxxxxxxxxx)
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2000 19:47:30 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: tduffy@xxxxxxx, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Webexec: webpvupdate,pvincident
Webpv: sgigate.sgi.com
View Incident:
http://co-op.engr.sgi.com/BugWorks/code/bwxquery.cgi?search=Search&wlong=1&view_type=Bug&wi=800480

*CC List : tduffy@xxxxxxx              Status : open
 Submitter : ananth                    Opened Date : 08/29/00
*Modified User : ananth               *Modified User Domain : engr
*Description :
We have a semi-production build machine that is
running XFS bits as of 8/23/00. I have seen
things like "rm" getting into the following backtrace:

---------
schedule+0x415
_sv_wait+0xcd
xlog_grant_log_space+0x139
xfs_log_reserve+0x7b
xfs_trans_reserve+0x76

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION (UPDATE)
From: ananth@engr (BugWorks)
Date: Sep 03 2000 07:47:29PM

Console is available through "telnet b30-3c-linux-annex 5002".
Also add Tom Duffy to cc: list.

ananth.