ADD 801241 - xfsdump can cause filesystem corruption

To: dxm@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: ADD 801241 - xfsdump can cause filesystem corruption
From: pv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (dxm@xxxxxxxxxxxx)
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 19:03:08 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Webexec: webpvupdate,pvincident
Webpv: clouds.melbourne.sgi.com
View Incident:
http://co-op.engr.sgi.com/BugWorks/code/bwxquery.cgi?search=Search&wlong=1&view_type=Bug&wi=801241

 Assigned Engineer : dxm               Submitter : ivanr
*Modified User : dxm                  *Modified User Domain : engr
*Description :
QA for xfsdump/xfsrestore revealed that it is possible for
xfsdump to cause filesystem corruption.  The test involves
creating a filesystem, creating a whole buncha files, xfsdumping
them to a file somewhere, then removing all the files.  xfs_check
reports lots of inodes with zero link counts, etc.  It's probably
due to xfsdump using bulkstat on the entire fs.

The following is a script which will reliably (at least on
bruce.melbourne) produce the error.  Run it in cmd/xfs/stress -
it needs the src/fill program, and make sure you fix the

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION (ADD)