ADD 801063 - mkfs.xfs after having ext2 mounted on a device can fail

To: nathans@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: ADD 801063 - mkfs.xfs after having ext2 mounted on a device can fail
From: pv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (sct@xxxxxxxxxx)
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 07:45:05 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
 Submitter : lord                      Status : open
 Assigned Engineer : nathans           Priority : 3
*Modified Date : 09/11/00             *Modified User : sct
*Modified User Domain : redhat.com    *Description :
Running mkfs to build an xfs filesystem after a partition has
been mounted as ext2 has periodically failed for me. The failure
is usually this:

[root@lord /]# mkfs -t xfs -f -l size=16000b /dev/sda4
meta-data=/dev/sda4              isize=256    agcount=8, agsize=149104 blks
data     =                       bsize=4096   blocks=1192826, imaxpct=25
         =                       sunit=0      swidth=0 blks, unwritten=0
naming   =version 2              bsize=4096
log      =internal log           bsize=4096   blocks=16000

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION (ADD)