Re: TAKE - write performance improvement

To: Steve Lord <lord@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: TAKE - write performance improvement
From: Jens Axboe <axboe@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 01:10:48 +0200
Cc: Ananth Ananthanarayanan <ananth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, Aug 29 2000, Steve Lord wrote:
> Looks like the corruption is once again coming out of the clustering write
> code in pagebuf, I would recommend not using the kiocluster mount option
> at the moment. I am doing a glibc build with Ananth's change back in again
> and put it back into the tree if the build works OK.

Aughr, this could explain some weirdness that I'm seeing on IDE kiobuf
atm. Basically, kio and "plain" xfs works just fine and I can't crash
it. No corruption either. But kiocluster corrupts data here too...

And currently I don't see why. For IDE, the kio clustering just means
that the same request will be started more than one time. I'll try and look
closer at this tomorrow.

--
* Jens Axboe <axboe@xxxxxxx>
* SuSE Labs