Minor bug with xfs_iget

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Minor bug with xfs_iget
From: William L Jones <jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 16:49:00 -0500 (CDT)
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
xfs_iget can put indoes in the linux inode cache that do not have the file
operations field set in the linux incore inode.  This mainly happens on a
XFS_IOC_FSBULKSTAT_SINGLE function.

This means that a linux iget can get a xfs inode with the out file operations
field
set.  Fortunately linux makes little use of iget function.  But nfsd does after
a server crash.

I think xfs_iget should always make sure that cached linux inode entries should
have the
correct file/inode/... operatoins initialized in the linux inode.

I only stumbled on this do to my work with open_inode_by_handle.   It is not
something
that needs to be fixed quickly.  It is very unlikely to cause any problem
except with nfsd
and only after the server crashes and some one does a XFS_IOC_FSBULKSTAT_SINGLE
with out doing a open_by_inode_handle immediately after. open_by_inode_handle
will fix
the file operation fields.

Bill Jones