Re: xfs_copy

To: Andrew Ho <andrewho@xxxxxxxxxx>, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: xfs_copy
From: "Nathan Scott" <nathans@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 12:05:12 -0500
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
hi,

On Aug 14, 11:50am, Andrew Ho wrote:
> Subject: xfs_copy
> The error meesages of /usr/src/linux-2.4-xfs/cmd/xfs/copy/
>
> Makefile:35: /usr/include/make/commondefs: No such file or directory
> Makefile:52: no file name for `include'
> make: *** No rule to make target `/usr/include/make/commondefs'.  Stop
>
> Thank you for your attention.

yeah - that's an IRIX smake Makefile & hasn't been ported to
Linux at all ... not sure why copy is even in the Linux tree.
perhaps it should be removed until/if someone actually ports
it to Linux.  xfsdump/xfsrestore seem (to me) to provide a
similar function to copy, so I'm not sure that porting it is
all that useful anyway (Steve? Russell? - you guys know the
history of this one better than I do).

thanks.

--
Nathan