Re: XFS and NFS ?

To: Thomas Graichen <graichen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS and NFS ?
From: Russell Cattelan <cattelan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2000 01:38:20 -0500
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Thomas Graichen wrote:

> even one more thing for the FAQ: are there any problems to expect then
> running NFS on top of XFS (like the problems reiserfs has to get the
> 32bit nfsv2 handle mapped to the 64bit identifier) ?

> Anyone tried
> it in detail ? (i tried it lightly and had no problems - but my
> tests were not very deep)

NFS does work for the most part, if stressed really really hard XFS will
blow up.
The only why we do this at the moment it with an NFS test program.
Normal use seems good.
It is on our list of things to test before BETA.

The 64bit problem... hmm yes we could run into that.
With smaller file systems (< 2TB) things should be ok.
Don't quote me on that... I'll have to look into it.

--
Russell Cattelan
cattelan@xxxxxxxxxxx