Re: linux XFS FAQ available

To: Thomas Graichen <graichen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, thomas.graichen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: linux XFS FAQ available
From: "Nathan Scott" <nathans@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 09:46:46 -0500
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs-announce@xxxxxxxxxxx
hi,

On Aug 9, 12:54am, Thomas Graichen wrote:
> Subject: Re: linux XFS FAQ available
> Steve Lord <lord@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > On building the commands, you can run
> >
> >     ./Makepkgs verbose
> >
> > in the cmd/xfs directory to build source and binary RPM packages of the
> > commands (this needs to be run as root).
>
> added

Not sure why you say this, Steve? - AFAIK there's nothing in
the cmd/xfs package build which needs to be run as root.  I
build the packages as myself all the time (actually, I've
never even tried it as root).

To install to '/' (i.e. typing "make install"), obviously you
need to be root, but not to build the packages (although this
does a "make install" also, it doesn't install to '/').

cheers.

--
Nathan