Re: SGI XFS on alpha

To: Thomas Graichen <graichen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, thomas.graichen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: SGI XFS on alpha
From: Keith Owens <kaos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2000 19:01:56 +1000
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx, linux-kdb@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs-announce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On 4 Aug 2000 06:56:50 GMT,
Thomas Graichen <news-innominate.list.sgi.xfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>also debugging the pagebuf stuff should be
>a bit easier now that there is also kdb less pagebuf tracing from
>the ppc here (btw.: any chance to get this included into the tree if
>i clean it up a bit? - i think it might be a good help for new kdbless
>arches)

Once I get kdb for ix86 and kdb for IA64 merged into a single design, I
will add dummy kdb functions that can be used on any arch.  You won't
get debugging, oops handler, back trace etc. but high level code like
xfsigdb could be used as is, no source changes required.  Since
kallsyms works on any arch that has modules, you will even get the full
symbol lookup in kdb_symbol_print().