Re: TAKE - write performance improvement

To: Steve Lord <lord@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: TAKE - write performance improvement
From: Steve Lord <lord@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 09:14:02 -0500
Cc: Ananth Ananthanarayanan <ananth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx

> I am backing out this change, it breaks doio, and probably anything else
> which fills holes in files. I think we had a similar test condition in
> this code path before, and it was removed to fix corruption. There has
> got to be another variant of this which we can use.
>
> Steve

OK, now I am puzzled, I still got corruption after I backed out the mod,
I removed the old doio output file and the corruption went away on subsequent
runs and I have not been able to reproduce it with or without the mod again. I
will run some more tests and probably be putting the mod back in again shortly.

Sorry for the confusion.

Steve