Re: xfs_mkfs

To: William L Jones <jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: xfs_mkfs
From: Steve Lord <lord@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 16:03:49 -0500
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx

> Spoke too soon.  I just crated a file system the would produce diffrent probl
ems.

> I noticed the irix defaults to version 1 directories.  A quick test on linux
of a linux
> xfs file system with version 1 directories and a block size 512 indcates that
 this
> may be a workable combination.
>
> Has the xfs verion 2 directory code bee fully test?
>
> Bill Jones

V2 directories are what we use exclusively internally - what is not tested
and known not to work about your setup is using a filesystem with a blocksize
other that the page size of the system (4 Kbytes). This is something which
is still being worked on internally, so for the moment, try to stick to the
default block size used by mkfs.

Steve