Re: CVS server broken

To: Russell Cattelan <cattelan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: CVS server broken
From: "Andi Kleen" <ak@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 18:46:06 +0200
Cc: Andi Kleen <ak@xxxxxxx>, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, Jun 19, 2000 at 01:14:47AM -0500, Russell Cattelan wrote:
> Andi Kleen wrote:

> > > We have been battling a bug in syslog that caused the system to lock up
> > > in strange ways.
> > >
> > > I don't know if this problem is related to that or not,
> > > but cvs does seem to be working again.
> >
> > Although the update works, it seems to be very inconsistent now.
> >
> > Various updates seem to be only partly merged (e.g. the last xfs_ioctl.c
> > change) and it doesn't compile at all. CVS also complains all the time
> > about inconsistencies, like:
> >
> > M xfs_linux.h
> > cvs server: conflict: xfs_thread.c is modified but no longer in the
> > repository
> > C xfs_thread.c
> >
> > I also had to add sys/timespec.h includes all over to make it compile
>
> I assume this is the 2.4 tree?
>
> I'll have to re gen the tree again.
> Under the current method of generating the CVS tree from the p_tools tree
> deletions
> in the p_tools tree don't happen in the CVS tree.
> This tends to make the CVS tree very un-happy.
> I don't have a great way off hand to deal with this problem other than
> to delete the CVS tree and re-generate it.
>
> Give  it an hour or so for it to propagate through the system.
>
> If it is f'ed drop me a note I'll look at it closer when I get up tomorrow.

Looks still broken:

cvs server: cannot open directory /cvs/linux-2.4-xfs/linux/scripts/usb: No such
file or directory
cvs server: skipping directory linux/scripts/usb
ak@bert:~/lsrc/sgi/linux-2.4-xfs >

Also either the VFS interface is broken or it is missing ksyms (linvfs readlink
wants to use lookup_dentry, but that's not exported and all the other fs
use a different function for that)

-Andi