Re: CVS server broken

To: Andi Kleen <ak@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: CVS server broken
From: Russell Cattelan <cattelan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 01:14:47 -0500
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Andi Kleen wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 18, 2000 at 08:55:29AM -0500, Russell Cattelan wrote:
> > Andi Kleen wrote:
> >
> > > Looks like the anonymous CVS server is broken:
> > >
> > > linux-2.4-xfs > cvs -z3 update -d .
> > > cvs [update aborted]: unrecognized auth response from oss.sgi.com:
> > > chroot: error in loading shared libraries: libnsl.so.1: cannot open
> > > shared object file: Error 23
> >
> > We have been battling a bug in syslog that caused the system to lock up
> > in strange ways.
> >
> > I don't know if this problem is related to that or not,
> > but cvs does seem to be working again.
>
> Although the update works, it seems to be very inconsistent now.
>
> Various updates seem to be only partly merged (e.g. the last xfs_ioctl.c
> change) and it doesn't compile at all. CVS also complains all the time
> about inconsistencies, like:
>
> M xfs_linux.h
> cvs server: conflict: xfs_thread.c is modified but no longer in the repository
> C xfs_thread.c
>
> I also had to add sys/timespec.h includes all over to make it compile

I assume this is the 2.4 tree?

I'll have to re gen the tree again.
Under the current method of generating the CVS tree from the p_tools tree
deletions
in the p_tools tree don't happen in the CVS tree.
This tends to make the CVS tree very un-happy.
I don't have a great way off hand to deal with this problem other than
to delete the CVS tree and re-generate it.

Give  it an hour or so for it to propagate through the system.

If it is f'ed drop me a note I'll look at it closer when I get up tomorrow.

--
Russell Cattelan
cattelan@xxxxxxxxxxx