TAKE - touch recursive symlink bug

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: TAKE - touch recursive symlink bug
From: dxm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Daniel Moore)
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 11:43:31 +1000 (EST)
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
linvfs_follow_link gets called recusively, up to 32 times before
the ELOOP checking kicks in in namei.

Aparently 32 uio structures and other assorted cruft is just enough
to overflow the kernel stack.

change stack allocated uio to kmalloced uio to cut down stack usage.

(I wonder if the whole uio thing could get dropped out somehow and
avoid this overhead? a static uio would be great too if we could avoid
an SMP race...)

Modid:  2.4.0-test1-xfs:slinx:64272a