Re: CVS server broken

To: Russell Cattelan <cattelan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: CVS server broken
From: "Andi Kleen" <ak@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 02:48:53 +0200
Cc: Andi Kleen <ak@xxxxxxx>, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Sun, Jun 18, 2000 at 08:55:29AM -0500, Russell Cattelan wrote:
> Andi Kleen wrote:
>
> > Looks like the anonymous CVS server is broken:
> >
> > linux-2.4-xfs > cvs -z3 update -d .
> > cvs [update aborted]: unrecognized auth response from oss.sgi.com: chroot:
> > error in loading shared libraries: libnsl.so.1: cannot open shared object
> > file: Error 23
>
> We have been battling a bug in syslog that caused the system to lock up
> in strange ways.
>
> I don't know if this problem is related to that or not,
> but cvs does seem to be working again.

Although the update works, it seems to be very inconsistent now.

Various updates seem to be only partly merged (e.g. the last xfs_ioctl.c
change) and it doesn't compile at all. CVS also complains all the time
about inconsistencies, like:

M xfs_linux.h
cvs server: conflict: xfs_thread.c is modified but no longer in the repository
C xfs_thread.c

I also had to add sys/timespec.h includes all over to make it compile

-Andi