remaining corruption

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: remaining corruption
From: Daniel Moore <dxm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 10:06:02 +1000
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
The fixes over the last couple of days have made the stuff I've been
running here behave a whole heap better. However there's still
corruption occuring.

I have a simple test program that seems to reproducably tickle the
problem I'm seeing - if someone's interested I can pass it on.

As I suspected from trying to get the kernel build test working,
previously written pages are getting passed back as newly read pages
(incorrectly). I'm pretty sure this only happens when the written
pages get flushed to disk and it can happen down to single 4k blocks
at a time.

The test case is single threaded and only starts to fail (reliably) when
it is set to read and write big enough files such that it can't operate
entirely out of buffered pages.

I've never seen meta data/junk returned - only file data that's probably
still buffered.

 Daniel Moore                  dxm@xxxxxxx
 R&D Software Engineer         Phone: +61-3-98348209
 SGI Performance Tools Group   Fax:   +61-3-98132378