IRIX xfs code?

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IRIX xfs code?
From: jansen <jansen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 May 2000 09:15:31 -0500
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

This is pretty much unrelated to linux-xfs (sorry!) but I'd really
like to have a look at the IRIX versions of some of the xfs code,
in particular the sim stuff, especially libdisk.c.  It looks like
this file may have either been rewritten for linux or cleaned of
IRIX specific code.  I could easily be wrong, of course.

I'm trying to figure out why our Origin refuses to mkfs_xfs any newly
created XLV volumes (xlv_make creates them without error and they
assemble OK).  mkfs_xfs always complains with something like:

mkfs_xfs: attempt to use partition that is already in use

mkfs_xfs: devname             seq owner   state
mkfs_xfs: /dev/rdsk/dks3d2s7    1 xlv     already in use

I do have three XLV volumes on this machine that work without
problems.

I can also not mount XLV volumes created on other machines (after
changing the xlv hostname).  It gives the same error.  I know
that these partitions are not in use.

Sorry for posting this here but I posted to USENET, sent email to
my Varsity support person and tried everything I can think of to
fix this problem without success.

--

------- Stephan