Re: TAKE - turn on delayed allocation

To: Russell Cattelan <cattelan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: TAKE - turn on delayed allocation
From: Rajagopal Ananthanarayanan <ananth@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 12:52:38 -0700
Cc: Ananth Ananthanarayanan <ananth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Russell Cattelan wrote:

> Ananth Ananthanarayanan wrote:
>
> > Since delay_alloc ON and PAGEBUF_META off
> > seems to not hit the corruption problems,
> > I'm turning delay_alloc on by default.
>
> The corruption problem occurs with PAGEBUF_META off as well
> as on.
>
> Please don't through more variables in the mix just yet.

Well, it may not have to do with PAGEBUF_META.
The corruption does seem to go away with delay_alloc ON.
I'd like to get as much exposure with delay allocation:
it's been in there for 3 weeks now ... and like I said
earlier the corruption has been there since 3/30/2000
(6 weeks!) at least. We can't stop changing because of
long-standing unresolved issues.

Rajagopal Ananthanarayanan ("ananth")
Member Technical Staff, SGI.