Re: files disappearing?

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: files disappearing?
From: suzukis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 20:01:29 +0900
Cc: kmacy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Dear Mr. Kip,

>When I do a cvs checkout of the source tree in an xfs partition and cd to
>linux-2.3-xfs/linux
>
>>ls -lR | grep .h | wc
>
>not only do I get fewer files but I also get stuff like the following
>
>ls: ./net/core/ Intel I810/I810 DC100/I810e sup: No such file or directory

I've ever experienced similar trouble.
In my case, I downloaded GRUB (the greatest GNU boot loader)
source tree via CVS onto XFS partition.
Just after finishing checkout, the result of "ls -l" told as
if grub were a FILE, not a directory. After a minute, it became
a directory, but executing find told several inconsistency error
(similar to that you reported).

However, at present I could not repeat the trouble (still
I'm using same kernel), so still I wonder what caused the trouble.
486 (100MHz) is too slow to operate XFS? 64MB memory is too small?
The load average was too heavy? Yet I don't know....
If you could repeat the trouble, please let me know the specs
of your testing environment, and how to repeat the trouble -
if possible.

suzuki