Re: Correctness

To: Kip Macy <kmacy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Correctness
From: Steve Lord <lord@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2000 17:18:04 -0500
Cc: Steve Lord <lord@xxxxxxx>, Jim Mostek <mostek@xxxxxxx>, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
> > Hmm, I just ran lmbench to completion can you tell us more about your syste
m,

> Just to make sure - you did set it up to run in your XFS partition didn't you
?
> It defaults to running in /usr/tmp which you probably do not have set up as X
FS.

Yes I did, I was very careful about that, looks like our configurations are a
little different, that could have something to do with it. Try turning off
pagebuf meta data.

>> It may be a machine/kernel problem - when I run gdb on fs_lat, even
>> without an XFS partition mounted, the system hangs.
>>
>>                                 -Kip

Hmm, kdb and gdb do not like each other I think, so if you have kdb
turned on in the kernel gdb (or strace) both seem to interact with it.

Steve