Re: Correctness

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Correctness
From: Rajagopal Ananthanarayanan <ananth@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2000 11:50:45 -0700
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Steve Lord wrote:

> > > Have you tried running McVoy's lmbench?
> > Yes.
> >
> > > How did it crash?
> > The system locks up and does not respond even to Ctrl-Alt-Del when running
> > th
> > file system latency portion.
> >
> > I will narrow it down to a specific operation.
> >
> >                               -Kip
>
> Hmm, I just ran lmbench to completion can you tell us more about your system,
>
> Are you running SMP or not? What type of disk drive are you using (IDE/SCSI)?
> Did you use CONFIG_PAGE_BUF_META in your build of XFS.
>
> I am running on a 2 cpu box using a scsi disk and with CONFIG_PAGE_BUF_META
> turned on.

I too have run lmbench earlier this week, with no PAGE_BUF_META,
and things ran fine. Kip, do you have kdb on? If so, try breaking
in with either "Pause/Break" key on a real console or <cntrl>-a  on
the serial console. If that doesn't work, you can also give it an NMI
if your system supports it ... NMI is usually a separate button similar
to reset.

ananth.

Rajagopal Ananthanarayanan ("ananth")
Member Technical Staff, SGI.