Re: XFS as Root partition

To: pongheng@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Tan Pong Heng)
Subject: Re: XFS as Root partition
From: Jim Mostek <mostek@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2000 09:02:59 -0600 (CST)
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Congratulations!

You are the first one to try to actually run at all with XFS as the root
partitition. I'm guessing that you set-up the root and
then tried to reboot with a different kernel pointing at
the XFS root. Right?
See our work items list in oss.sgi.com/project/xfs/todos.html

Have you tried XFS as /usr? This would be a good first step.

Thanks,

Jim