Re: Patches

To: lord@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Patches
From: "Andi Kleen" <ak@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 17:11:35 +0200
Cc: Jim Mostek <mostek@xxxxxxx>, webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Beavis), linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, Mar 31, 2000 at 08:47:22AM -0600, lord@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Jim I think he means source patches - thats a whole different ball of wax
> from RPMs.
>
> Would a cvs update on top of an existing 2.3.99-pre2 kernel tree work
> in any way - probably not because of the versioning in all the files.

Hard. You could do it with a vendor tree in CVS and using cvs rdiff, but in
the long run this tends to be troublesome (because CVS only supports
a single vendor tree)

> A sparse tree would work though.

I created patches for the SGI kernel against 2.3.99pre2 using a separate
2.3.99pre2 tree:
-rw-r--r--   1 ak       suse       753985 Mar 30 16:13 sgixfs-000330.bz2
I can make them available if there is interest.

-Andi