Re: Things todo before we announce

To: "Andi Kleen" <ak@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Things todo before we announce
From: Steve Lord <lord@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 06:47:11 -0600
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx

> P.S.: I compiled up a XFS tree from CVS last night. It created and mounted
> fine, but hung the machine when I copied a kernel tree
> to it (kdb didn't trigger, I'll need to go to the office to reset it)

Hmm, we seem to have 'announced' already - I wonder who put this thread onto
the oss list. Anyways, which options did you use to build XFS? There was a
hard hang in the case where CONFIG_PAGE_BUF_META is turned on (doing a
tlb_flush with interrupts turned off). I fixed this yesterday, but I suspect
this would be after you checked out the cvs copy, so you may not have that
yet - look for a spinlock inside of vfree and friends.

Let me know if you have this change or not, and what configuration you
were running on.

Thanks

   Steve

p.s. please don't regard this code as done - we have a ways to go yet.