Re: Things todo before we announce

To: cattelan@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Things todo before we announce
From: "Andi Kleen" <ak@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 11:19:18 +0200
Cc: nathans@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, Mar 29, 2000 at 06:48:42PM -0600, cattelan@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> At Thu, 30 Mar 2000 09:54:52 -0500,
> Nathan Scott <nathans@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >

> > On Mar 30,  2:19am, Jim Mostek wrote:
> > > Subject: Re: Things todo before we announce
> >
> > just a small thing, but it could become a headache later - is anyone
> > violently opposed to this change...?
> Not really... but I think a better idea would be
> to have /usr/xfs/ put all of our binaries in there,
> with links in /sbin.
>
> Once xfs becomes a standard distribution then we
> can put stuff directly in blah...

Please put it in /sbin and make it easily overrideable from the
Makefile with a PREFIX= variable.

-Andi

P.S.: I compiled up a XFS tree from CVS last night. It created and mounted
fine, but hung the machine when I copied a kernel tree
to it (kdb didn't trigger, I'll need to go to the office to reset it)