[xfs-masters] Re: request for patches: showing mount options

To: raven@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [xfs-masters] Re: request for patches: showing mount options
From: Miklos Szeredi <miklos@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 17:40:11 +0200
Cc: miklos@xxxxxxxxxx, linux-fsdevel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, akpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, kzak@xxxxxxxxxx, ericvh@xxxxxxxxx, lucho@xxxxxxxxxx, zippel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, hpa@xxxxxxxxx, rathamahata@xxxxxxx, dhowells@xxxxxxxxxx, sfrench@xxxxxxxxx, mhalcrow@xxxxxxxxxx, phillip@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, hirofumi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, mikulas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, wli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, shaggy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, vandrove@xxxxxxxxxx, trond.myklebust@xxxxxxxxxx, aia21@xxxxxxxxxx, mark.fasheh@xxxxxxxxxx, kurt.hackel@xxxxxxxxxx, reiserfs-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, bfennema@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, dushistov@xxxxxxx, xfs-masters@xxxxxxxxxxx, arnd@xxxxxxxx, holzheu@xxxxxxxxxx
Sender: xfs-masters-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
>   all - fs has options, but doesn't define ->show_options()
>   some - fs defines ->show_options(), but some options are not shown
>   noopt - fs does not have options
>   good - fs shows all options
>   patch - I have a patch

[...]

> > autofs      all
>
> I'm not sure I understand this.
> How does autofs show it's options without a ->show_options method?

It doesn't.  The "all" means, all of them need to be added to
->show_options(), not that all are shown.

I can see now that this is slightly confusing, sorry.

So the ones that need attention are "all" and "some".  The others are
fine in theory.  Of course I may have missed something.

> > autofs4     some
>
> OK, uid and gid aren't shown.
> That should be straight forward to fix.
> What's your time frame for this?

ASAP ;)

2.6.24 would be a nice, but it won't be easy...

Miklos