sgilinux11

Re: NT/linux vw 540

To: "Gabriele" <Gabriele.Brugnoni@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <sgilinux11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: NT/linux vw 540
From: "Daniele Medri" <madrid@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 11:01:33 +0100
Cc: <tduffy@xxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-sgilinux11@xxxxxxxxxxx
----- Original Message -----
From: "Gabriele" <Gabriele.Brugnoni@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <sgilinux11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <tduffy@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2000 7:54 PM
Subject: NT/linux vw 540

> As soon as I install linux RH 6.0 + 2.2.10 and bot the system .. I get
> Kernel Panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 08:01
> Why ?

because Disk Druid is very stupid tool.. that didn't work well.. now.

Make "expert" installation (with rh 6.1 or use fdisk than Disk Druid )
when you're in fdisk digit:
p - to see partition
d - to delete le other partition over your ntfs
n - to create partition for Linux or not
p - to control again the istance
t - change type for swap.. digit the number of swap partition and add type
82
p - to controll again
you may seen this:
sda1 ---> ntfs or whatever fuck**g from M$
sda2 ---> ext2
sda3 ---> swap

do you like this?
if (question) { digit "w" and write the changes }
else { use "d", "n", "p" again and on close conferm all with "w" }

ps: Gabriele... possiamo parlare anche in Italiano.. ho l'impressione che ci
siamo solo io e te qui.

Daniele Medri
Presidente di ErLug (Emilia Romagna Linux User Group)
web: http://erlug.linux.it - email: madrid@xxxxxxxx