sgilinux

Re: sgi propack 1.2 for linux

To: Laiq Ahmed <lahmed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: sgi propack 1.2 for linux
From: Thomas Duffy <tduffy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 09:27:18 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: sgilinux@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-sgilinux@xxxxxxxxxxx
I am not a marketing person, nor is oss a marketing site.  I assume that
somewhere on www.sgi.com there is some shpeal about the wonders of the
ProPack.  On oss, we have technical details and source code.

The ProPack is an enabler for our technology.  If you look at the feature
set, you should be able to surmise the benifits.  I am not sure what you
are looking for here.  For instance, we have kick ass raw i/o and async
i/o in the kernel.  Is this the kind of thing you are looking for?

Later,

-tduffy