sgilinux

Re: propack 320

To: karsten <karsten@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: propack 320
From: Thomas Duffy <tduffy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 19:43:22 -0800 (PST)
Cc: sgilinux@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-sgilinux@xxxxxxxxxxx
Well, I have not tested the ProPack on a 320, but the I know it will not
work on RedHat 6.0.  Your best bet is to try installing the kernel rpm
(the vw kernel).  I have not actually tried this kernel, but it should
work :)

You will need to change the prom to point to the new kernel of course and
point the initrd at the new initrd in the kernel arguments.  But the
installer will not work.  You will need to use the rpms manually.

Please let me know how it goes and I will create a FAQ section of the web
site.  I have been meaning to test out the new kenel on a 320, but we
don't officially support this so it has been at the bottom of my list.
Also, I don't have easy access to a 320 -- I gave mine away in favor of a
real i386 box :) (not that it is a better machine -- just better linux
support).

Sorry I could not be more helpful.  I will pass your email off to people
more familliar with the 320.

later,

-tduffy