pro64-support

RE: sgicc, __GNUC__, and -rdynamic

To: arnold@xxxxxxxxxx, pro64-support@xxxxxxxxxxx, suneel_jain@xxxxxx
Subject: RE: sgicc, __GNUC__, and -rdynamic
From: Aharon Robbins <arnold@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 19:10:28 +0300
Cc: beebe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-pro64-support@xxxxxxxxxxx
I stand corrected.  That the two compilers share the same front-end
wasn't obvious.  Since that is the case, I'll agree that adding
-rdynamic support is the right way to go.

This information then leads one to ask if the IA-64 back end will
eventually be merged into the main GCC code base?  And in the
meantime, for IA-64, why not just make sgicc be gcc?

Thanks!

Arnold