pro64-support

compiling hello world

To: "'pro64-support@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <pro64-support@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: compiling hello world
From: "Venkatesh, Vangal" <vangal.venkatesh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 15:54:31 -0700
Sender: owner-pro64-support@xxxxxxxxxxx
I am compiling hello world with sgicc on an Itanium system. I am getting

$ sgicc hello.c
sgicc ERROR:  /usr/bin/gcc died due to signal 11
sgicc ERROR:  core dumped

Getting more info from the core dump:
$ gdb gcc core
GNU gdb 20000204
conditions.
This GDB was configured as "ia64-unknown-linux"...
(no debugging symbols found)...
Core was generated by `/usr/bin/gcc -D_LANGUAGE_C
-D_SGI_COMPILER_VERSION=001 -D
__host_ia32 -D__INLINE'.
#0  0x40004d00 in ?? ()
(gdb)

       Any help appreciated. Additional info:
uname -a reports Linux ics-linux2 2.3.99-pre6-000501-18 #1 Sat May 6
21:43:40 PDT 2000 ia64 unkno
wn
 sgicc -version
SGIcc Compilers: Version 0.01.0-10