pro64-contrib

Re: Pro64 code generation without PIC.

To: Pro64 Contrib <pro64-contrib@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Benedict R. Gaster" <benedict.gaster@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Pro64 code generation without PIC.
From: mpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Michael Murphy)
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 09:54:46 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-pro64-contrib@xxxxxxxxxxx
        From: "Benedict R. Gaster" <benedict.gaster@xxxxxx>

        Here we see that the option -TENV:PIC is passed! Is there a command line
        option that will turn off PIC code generation, i.e., following a
        different route through the Expand_Code functions of the target backend?

-non_shared will turn off pic.  But if you're not going to support PIC code
then I suggest changing the driver to not default to PIC (see set_defaults
routine).

-- Mike Murphy
-- mpm@xxxxxxx
-- quote of the day:
--  "When people are serving, life is no longer meaningless"  (John Gardner)