|Subject:||[pcp-announce] pcp-3.6.3 and pcp-gui-1.5.5 released|
|From:||Nathan Scott <nathans@xxxxxxxxxx>|
|Date:||Mon, 30 Apr 2012 21:15:41 +1000 (EST)|
|List-id:||pcp announcements <pcp-announce.oss.sgi.com>|
It's been awhile between release announcements - mainly because we
have had a fairly large PCP release with structural changes. The new
threading support in libpcp and the cross-platform build fallout took
alot longer than usual to sort out. In addition to the PCP update, Mark
has push out some fixes in PCP GUI tools. But here it is at last, stable
and ready for production use. Enjoy!
Download from the usual ( ftp://oss.sgi.com/projects/pcp/download/ )
places. Changelogs follow:
pcp-3.6.3 (27 April 2012)
- Revert initial attempt at getting configure --prefix option to
make sense for local developer PCP installations
- Fix RPM changelog typo in in-tree spec file
- Further work on Debian/kFreeBSD port (thanks to Robert Millan)
pcp-3.6.2 (18 April 2012)
- Fix Debian builds on FreeBSD (missing header files)
- Resolve Debian startup script (compat) lintian issue
- Resolve FreeBSD kernel PMDA build issue with PCP not installed
in the build root already.
pcp-3.6.1 (12 April 2012)
- Resolve final Mac OS X pthreads build issues
- Debian packaging improvements for split pmlogger/pmcd scripts,
perl module pieces, and other lintian reported issues
- Update the startup script dependencies for /var use
- Support --prefix=... and --exec-prefix=... configure options
- Relaxed the "are you running as root?" test in startup scripts
- Win32 build updates and improvements
- Cache /proc/stat file handle in Linux kernel agent to reduce
syscalls on the most commonly fetched metric subtree
pcp-3.6.0 (21 March 2012)
- Thread-safe libpcp, including additional re-entrant and thread-safe
variants for some routines
- Retire all asynchronous routines from libpcp
- Retire all V1 protocols and services (archive format, PMAPI and
- PMNS moves to ASCII only (no binary PMNS)
- Rework "init" scripts, splitting pcp into pmcd and pmlogger
- Update elasticsearch PMDA to 0.19+, new transport and shard metrics
- Updates to PMDA new event queueing interfaces for agents wishing to
export that class of performance data.
- First round of Coverity cleanup fixes incorporated.
- Initial version of the SNMP PMDA, thanks to Hamish Coleman.
- Updates to postgres PMDA to export additional recovery metrics.
pcp-gui 1.5.5 (21 March 2012)
- Fix long-standing pmchart bug where the current archive position
would revert to the beginning of the archive after adding a new
chart or plot to an existing chart.
_______________________________________________ pcp-announce mailing list pcp-announce@xxxxxxxxxxx http://oss.sgi.com/mailman/listinfo/pcp-announce
|<Prev in Thread]||Current Thread||[Next in Thread>|