pcp

Re: [pcp] build issues

To: Nathan Scott <nathans@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [pcp] build issues
From: "Josef 'Jeff' Sipek" <jeffpc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 16:38:35 -0400
Cc: pcp@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, Sep 05, 2011 at 07:33:39AM +1000, Nathan Scott wrote:
> On 4 September 2011 15:12, Josef 'Jeff' Sipek <jeffpc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Hello all!
> >
> > I'm trying to package up PCP for OpenIndiana [1].  I grabbed the 3.5.8
> > tarball and applied the Solaris related commits in git.  It builds fine.
> > The issue is with the install target.
> >
> > The package build process we're implementing at OI tries to use the DESTDIR
> > way of installing the software into a prototype directory.  Sadly, the PCP
> > makefiles don't work that way.  Thoughts about how to work around it?  (I'd
> > rather not have to make a patch which changes every makefile to support
> > DESTDIR or something like it.)
> >

> The top-level install-sh script used in the build respects $DIST_ROOT, you
> should be able to set that to $DESTDIR and hopefully it will all work out.

Yep.  That did it.  I'm a bit surprised to see just about every binary in
$DIST_ROOT/usr/bin instead of some "hidden" directory like
$DIST_ROOT/usr/lib/pcp/bin like Debian does.

Jeff.

--
I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my telephone;
my wish has come true because I can no longer figure out how to use my