pcp

Re: [pcp] build issues

To: "Josef 'Jeff' Sipek" <jeffpc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [pcp] build issues
From: Nathanael David Scott <ndsco1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2011 06:36:08 +1000
Cc: pcp@xxxxxxxxxxx

On 4 September 2011 15:12, Josef 'Jeff' Sipek <jeffpc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello all!

I'm trying to package up PCP for OpenIndiana [1].  I grabbed the 3.5.8
tarball and applied the Solaris related commits in git.  It builds fine.
The issue is with the install target.

The package build process we're implementing at OI tries to use the DESTDIR
way of installing the software into a prototype directory.  Sadly, the PCP
makefiles don't work that way.  Thoughts about how to work around it?  (I'd

The top-level install-sh script used in the build respects $DIST_ROOT, you
may be able to set that to DESTDIR and hopefully all will work out.

cheers.

--
Nathan