pcp

Re: [pcp] pcp updates

To: kenj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [pcp] pcp updates
From: Nathan Scott <nathans@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 13:28:55 +1000 (EST)
Cc: pcp@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Ken,

----- Original Message -----
> commit 3445cedfe73186a6e7e43b7b630c00442ccb5bd9
> Author: Ken McDonell <kenj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Fri May 6 10:17:43 2011 +1000
>
> hinv.nXXX metrics - make metadata consistent
>
> Across all the platform PMDAs, the semantics of the hinv.ncpu,
> hinv.ndisk,
> etc. metrics should be consistent. You can toss a coin and decide
> their units should be "none" or "count" ... I decided "none" and made
> it so everywhere.

Hmm.  I think this might cause a fair bit of pain for those of us
with many hundreds of machines whose daily logs will not merge
successfully after the upgrade ... ?  Is there any chance we could
do something sneaky, like make pmlogextract able to cope with this
pmDesc difference and just pick one?

cheers.

--
Nathan