The 3.2.0 release of PCP has been tagged in the git tree, and
initial source and binary packages uploaded to oss.sgi.com for
you to download. At this stage, Mac OS X and Debian(/Ubuntu)
packages are up, Solaris and Windows (and rpms for that matter)
will follow over the weekend or early next week.
Changes in this release include...
pcp-3.2.0 (29 April 2010)
- Change how PM_CONTEXT_LOCAL determines available PMDAs:
rework local context code to retire $PMDA_LOCAL_*, build DSO table
from pmcd.conf at run-time, new __pmLocalPMDA and __pmSpecLocalPMDA
routines in libpcp, -K options for pminfo, pmval and pmprobe.
- Make some pmda dynamic name operations take (const char *) args.
- Fix bash completion so dynamic names expanded, and stderr culled
(culling DSO agent initialisation messages).
- Improve pmlogger handling of alias names (same PMID, different names).
- Honour the -T command line option in pmlogreduce.
- Resolve an MMV issue evident in the Mac OS X installer, which resulted
in failed dmg (binary) installation attempts.
- Solaris startup script improvements.
- Add details of the extended hostname syntax to pcpintro(1).
- Fix a memory leak in pmdawindows help text handling.
- Fix a memory leak in pmdammv help text handling.
- Add anonymous huge page Linux memory utilisation metric.
- Fix local context reporting of help text.
- Solaris man page build changes.
- Clean up diagnostic messages in pmlogextract.
- Teach pmdaproc about Solaris' ping.
- If pmstat fails to connect to local pmcd, fallback to local context.
- Mark as const the final (requested units) pmConvScale argument
- Clean out SGI-isms from build related files (no longer used by SGI).
- Fix mem.numa.util.NFS_Unstable metric.
- Removed pmdajstat, this has long been superceded by the capabilities
of the Parfait package for instrumenting Java applications with PCP.
Thanks to all involved!
pcp-announce mailing list