pcp

Re: [pcp] Changes to Solaris PMDA

To: Nathan Scott <nscott@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [pcp] Changes to Solaris PMDA
From: Max Matveev <makc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 00:07:02 +1000
Cc: pcp@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 09:42:53 +1000 (EST), Nathan Scott wrote:

 nscott> I'll pull it into my branch when I get some time (later today
 nscott> hopefully) - Mark would like another 2.9.x point release
 nscott> before his 3.0 release, so will try to do that this week -
 nscott> I'd like to spend some time on pcpqa too before that, so need
 nscott> to find a chunk of time ... after that will push it into the
 nscott> master branch as next point release.

Next two weeks are going to be crazy for me, I'm not sure I can do
much other them simple things like kicking the build now and then.

 nscott> It'd be great if you (and Ken) could drop by the #pcp IRC
 nscott> channel where these things get discussed too - its pretty low
 nscott> traffic volume ... :)

I did but there is nobody there...

 nscott> Might be a good idea to put pre-built Solaris packages on oss
 nscott> too?

Solaris package right now is pretty basic - no dependencies, not
pre/post scripts, just put bits on disk and let user do her "stuff". I
can build them on OpenSolaris 2009.06 with either GCC or SunStudio
Express compilers - it's not a lot of work.

There is one issue with dbpmda which have been bugging me for some
time - I get no prompt on Solaris but I have had no time to dig into
it.

And I've never run any pcpqa on Solaris either but pcp does get some
use in our daily grind.

max