pcp

Re: [pcp] problem with perl pmdas

To: kenj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [pcp] problem with perl pmdas
From: Nathan Scott <nscott@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 15:06:15 +1000 (EST)
Cc: pcp@xxxxxxxxxxx
----- "Ken McDonell" <kenj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> There is a serious problem with the perl pmdas ... first noticed with
> qa
> 162 where the qa controlling script (check) receives a SIGTERM when
> the
> qa test is run!!!
>
> Tracked down to the news pmda install.
> So, I've gone ahead with the attached patch to libpcp/src/util.c and
> leave the perl bog to someone who knows better ... 8^)>

This was fixed two or three weeks back (sorry!).  pcp-2.9.0 has the
fix (IIRC, pcp-2.8.10(or so?) introduced the regression).

cheers.

ps: there was much discussion on the #pcp irc channel on this one,
I shoulda sent a summary to the list (hi Jonathan!) but it dropped
off my radar - apologies!

--
Nathan