pcp

Re: [pcp] Source and binary packaging - future directions

To: Nathan Scott <nscott@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [pcp] Source and binary packaging - future directions
From: Max Matveev <makc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 20:04:51 +1100
Cc: pcp@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, 03 Feb 2009 13:10:45 +1100, Nathan Scott wrote:

 nscott> - Renaming kmchart/kmtime -> pmchart/pmtime is fine with me.  I
 nscott> will keep symlinks for backward compatibility, etc.
Unless you plan to provide bug-to-bug compatibility between kmchart
and pmchart I think that renaming it will be a mistake: people who use
pmchart now (not a lot of them but they do exists) will expect the new
pmchart to behave the same way the old one behaves so you will need to
support the same command line options, same behaviours etc. It would
be easier to keep kmchart name and just let pmchart die.

max