pcp

Re: [pcp] Source and binary packaging - future directions

To: markgw@xxxxxxx, pcp@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [pcp] Source and binary packaging - future directions
From: Nathan Scott <nscott@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 11:29:56 +1100
On Wed, 2009-02-04 at 11:14 +1100, Mark Goodwin wrote:
> > So, to sum up my current thinking:
> > - basically same source tree structures, kmchart becomes pcp-gui

Also, I've been reworking the PCP web pages recently, for several
reasons:
- simplify
- modernify
- de-purplify
- document the new packaging layout
- introduce the new "PCP Glider" project
- make it clear PCP is more a community project, than an SGI-only
project nowadays
- clean html / css separation

There's some new content (started on the online man pages, added
some docs about PCP GUI package).  I like it, Martin likes it -
lemme know your opinion:

        http://oss.sgi.com/projects/pcp/revamp/

> Will I clone the kmchart tree as a bare repository in
> git://oss/pcp/pcp-gui.git
> or do you want to hack it up a bit and discuss it some more first?

Yes please, I think we can go ahead with that now.  Obviously,
lots of work will still needs to be done within the tree to do
the switch too, but I'll start that work on the new clone.

thanks!

--
Nathan