pcp

kmchart updates

To: pcp@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: kmchart updates
From: nscott@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 21:34:07 +1100 (EST)
Sender: pcp-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Changes committed to git://oss.sgi.com:8090/nathans/kmchart.git

 README                    |   12 ------
 VERSION                   |    2 -
 doc/CHANGES               |    6 +++
 src/chart/main.cpp        |    2 -
 src/chart/timecontrol.cpp |   59 +++++++++++++++++++++----------
 src/chart/timecontrol.h   |   20 ++++++----
 src/time/timelord.cpp     |   87
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---------------
 src/time/timelord.h       |    3 +

commit 2b316c127f7b27f273d33324202408ff50096a6c
Author: Nathan Scott <nathans@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date:   Thu Nov 8 21:26:42 2007 +1100

    Bump version to 1.0-beta6.

commit 535e7940dc518bd60972fcbacb22b1b6998a2563
Author: Nathan Scott <nathans@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date:   Thu Nov 8 21:19:55 2007 +1100

    A number of changes to better handle time control messages in
    and from kmtime.  In particular, fast fwd now works reliably,
    as does play-at-high-speed, with VCR interaction.  Gets rid of
    a code TODO too, which turned out to be masking a nasty bug or
    two - previously we did not deal with large reads which copied
    in multiple kmtime messages at once, from the socket.  This was
    resulting in occassional dropped messages, which meant no ACK
    would be sent for a Step, and the communication would stop as
    we waited for an ACK.

    In the future we might want to try to be more defensive inside
    kmtime as well (some code placeholders left for this) - if an
    out-of-sequence or unexpected ACK arrives, could attempt to do
    a reset on that client, via a (forced) VCR stop event.

commit e81427ed30ae9073c66805ff90adcb76e77eddf2
Author: Nathan Scott <nathans@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date:   Thu Nov 8 21:18:04 2007 +1100

    Change default chart background color to a sky blue - black is
    not such a great default, as the barplot outlines are black.