pcp

Solaris port

To: "SGI-PCP" <pcp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Solaris port
From: "Corey Cole" <ccole@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 13:54:20 -0700
Sender: owner-pcp@xxxxxxxxxxx
Using Phillip Ezolt's Tru64 patch as a starting point, I've got
a sort-of working PCP setup for Solaris 8.

As for the sort-of part, here's what's still b0rked.

Solaris 8's '/bin/sh' is very broke, so for a while I was using
the Korn Shell.  When the last patch cluster broke even ksh, I had
to resort to bash.  As a result, install is very very broken.

I haven't started on the Solaris specific PMDA yet, and a number of
the provided PMDAs (cisco, roomtemp, shping) don't compile because of
one missing header/function or another.

Finally, I'm trying to track down an issue with floating point numbers
displaying incorrectly.  I had lots of trouble with all the *_MAX macros,
so that's what I'm going to check first.

Is there any interest in me providing a current patch?  Or would
[any|every]one
rather wait until I get something that at least prints FP numbers correctly?

Regards,

Corey Cole