pagg

ftp site re-organized

To: pagg@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: ftp site re-organized
From: Erik Jacobson <erikj@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 16:00:08 -0500
Sender: pagg-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi.

As promised, here is some information on the re-organized directories on the
pagg ftp site.

Later, depending on what happens in the community, I'll probably need to
look in to changing the web site itself to take in to account PAGG's new
name.

If you click on the 'download' link on the upper left of this web page:
http://oss.sgi.com/projects/pagg/

Or if you ftp to oss.sgi.com and change to
/projects/pagg/download

This is the same location as before.  Here is the directory layout:

old.......old pagg and job files
pnotify...New Process Notification implementation (formally pagg)
job.......job patch and userland pieces - stable version
job-test..job patch and userland pieces - jobfs version, unstable, test

Both the stable job and the jobfs implementation in job-test have been
updated to use pnotify.  The pnotify patch is in the pnotify directory.
The job patches and pnotify were all tested against 2.6.13.2 but should
apply to any recent kernel.

I provided the source RPMs and pre-built rpms for ia64 and x86 for the
Job userland library.

Documentation for pnotify can be found in the Documentation/pnotify.txt
file after applying the pnotify patch.  It includes variable name changes
from PAGG to pnotify at the end of the document.

The README file in job-test describes some of the current problems with
the jobfs implementation.

--
Erik Jacobson - Linux System Software - Silicon Graphics - Eagan, Minnesota